Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Krsna bhog: food for the soul!

It has been years since I have written in this space...actually since I have written at all!!! Feels good to be back here yet again. :)

I am very excited to share with you 2 books which I've been wanting to buy for years. I first found them 6 years back while looking for Janmashthami Bhog recipies. Unfortunately buying them online was a nightmare and I kept looking for them across my Isckon visits but in vain (the last one happened at the Mumbai temple on Monday)... I was surprised not to find them at Mayapur and after that kept trying to look for them across various cities untill it occured to me to explore the city of 'Flipkart'! :)

Finally, I am expecting my copies to reach me on Sunday...

To end the suspense...these are the treasures I have been talking about:

Lord Krishna's Cuisine: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking


Finally back in print--the definitive volume on Indian vegetarian cooking. Created by a noted author and lecturer, Lord Krishna's Cuisine features more than 500 recipes, filled with fresh produce and herbs, delicate spices, hot curries, and homemade dairy products. All recipes are based on readily available ingredients and have been scrupulously adapted for American kitchens. The recipes are enlivened by the author's anecdotes and personal reminiscences of her years in India, including stories of gathering recipes from royal families and temple cooks, which had been jealously guarded for centuries. Hailed by Gourmet as "definitive," and as "a marvelous source for vegetarians" by Bon Appetit, Devi has created the landmark work on the world's most sophisticated vegetarian cuisine. Repackaged and evocatively illustrated, Lord Krishna's Cuisine unlocks the mysteries of the most healthful and delicious recipes of the world.



You can purchase the book here.

The Hare Krishna Book of Vegetarian Cooking / Adiraja Dasa

An introduction to Indian vegetarian cooking. Over 100 recipes and detailed instructions on preparing all the essential, unique ingredients that make up Indian vegetarian cuisine. From the simple to the advanced. You\'ll first learn how to use utensils already in your kitchen to replace some of those found in Indian kitchens. The 11-page chapter on spices and herbs is the best around. The ancient art of planning which dishes for each menu and how a meal is served is clearly explained. Then come 120 tested recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Preface by actress Hayley Mills.

You can purchase the book here.


I am sure these books will liven up the Vaishnav kitchen like never before...

Signing off with one of my favorites for you:



KrsnaPriyasi...

No comments: